Gordon Ramsay’s Muscle Building Pork Chops
Once, I found out Gordon Ramsay’s YouTube channel and I ended up spending the entire Sunday morning watching is cooking videos.
I was drooling over my keyboard.
The guy is a whizz and he’s incredibly passionate about cooking. You can see his heart is in there when he seasons the meat, chops up the onions, or sears a steak.
Given that pork chops is relatively high in protein and I’m bulking, I decided to give Gordon Ramsay’s pork chops recipe a try.
The recipe itself is rather simple though I never basted meat before so that was sort of tricky for me though I managed at the end. It’s a nice technique to bring more flavors and speed up the cooking so that the meat doesn’t dry up and you can give it a try with this recipe.
I wouldn’t recommend this recipe to someone who never cooked before. There are easier recipes that can provide you great taste as well.
The taste was great: rich, full of aromas from the herbs and butter, sweet and sour from the vinegar and the peppers. Some sour cream or crème fraîche would make a great topping for this one or even just some quality extra-virgin olive oil.
Despite being high in fat, it doesn’t have a high amount of calories: only 590kcal/serving. Since I am bulking, I ate 2 😄
How Can All That Fat Help Your Muscle Gains?
Olive oil and pork meat are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids which can increase anabolic hormone levels.
Pork and butter are also a source of saturated fatty acids which, as well, can increase levels of anabolic hormones such as testosterone and growth hormones.
This will contribute to gaining muscle mass faster by increasing your testosterone levels in the long term.
Be sure to include polyunsaturated fatty acids in your diet as well such as omega-3s which you get from eating fatty fishes or by taking fish oil supplements for a proper balance.
Each serving will also provide 35g of protein which is a good high amount for people who want to build muscle and strength (you still need to train though 😜 ).
|Prep Time||2 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 2 pork chops
- 2 1/3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion red, chopped
- 2 bell pepper yellow and red, sliced
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweetener (stevia, erythritol, xylytol, sucralose, etc.)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbs thyme
- basil to taste
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Gordon Ramsay's Muscle Building Pork Chops
Amount Per Serving
Calories 590 Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43g 66%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Total Carbohydrates 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 35g 70%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Pat the pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper from both sides
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 chopped red onion, and the sliced bell peppers
- Stir for 1 min
- Season with salt, black pepper, and sweetener of your choice (I used erythritol)
- Stir for another 1-2 min and add 1 tbsp vinegar, and 2 tsp olive oil
- Cook for 3-5 min stirring
- Add some chopped fresh basil
- Put the content aside in a bowl or plate
- Bring the pan back to heat and add 2 tsp olive oil
- When the oil start to smoke, add in the pork chops, the pressed garlic cloves, and thyme
- When the pork chops release from the pan, flip them
- Add butter and baste for 1-2 min: collect with a spoon the juices and pour them on the top of the meat.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you can, use fresh thyme and basil.