Easy and Quick Ricotta Bulking Dessert (No Cooking)
In my opinion, a heavily underrated food is ricotta cheese.
This Italian cheese is different from other cheeses as it is made from whey.
Yes, the same whey used to make whey protein powder.
And let me tell you, this is a much better alternative to whey protein powder (if you are bulking, that is).
Not only it’s more nutritious, contains a healthy amount of fat, and gives you more satiety, it tastes extraordinarily delicious!
If you are bulking and need 1100 kcal of sheer goodness you have to try this recipe.
It’s so easy and quick to make that you have no excuses.
You just need a few ingredients, mix them together, no cooking necessary!
I see your mouth watering already 🙂
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- 250 grams ricotta
- 90 grams dried figs sliced (you can replace them with any dried fruits)
- 40 grams walnuts (you can replace them with any almonds)
- 20 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 2 tsp sweetener stevia/erythritol/etc.
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp orange peel optional
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Easy and Quick Ricotta Bulking Post-Workout (No Cooking)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1100 Calories from Fat 657
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73g 112%
Saturated Fat 31g 155%
Total Carbohydrates 75g 25%
Dietary Fiber 12g 48%
Protein 31g 62%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Put the ricotta in a bowl and mash it.
- Incorporate the dried figs and the walnuts and stir to mix.
- Add salt and sweetener and mix.
- Put in a serving bowl and top with orange zest and dark chocolate.
To increase the amount of protein: add in a scoop of chocolate or vanilla flavored whey or add some low-fat quark cheese.
To reduce the number of calories: cut the walnuts, figs, and chocolate quantities in half.
To make it keto: replace figs with blueberries or raspberries.
For extra taste: add some vanilla and a dash of cinnamon.